A tremendously beautiful building. This view is from across Civic Center Plaza. Click on the image to zoom in:
The Hall opened in 1915,
a Beaux-Arts monument to the brief "City Beautiful" movement that epitomized the high-minded American Renaissance of the period 1880-1917. The present building is actually a replacement for an earlier City Hall that was completely destroyed during the 1906 Earthquake.